Summer in wine country is a perfect time to enjoy the outdoors and some spectacular scenery while sipping the best wine Sonoma has to offer. Here’s the Top 7 Most Scenic Sonoma Wineries I recommend for a wonderful summer day in wine country. Don’t forget your cameras!
- Lambert Bridge Winery – Driving through the gates, you feel as if you’ve left wine country and entered the driveway to your own private mountain chalet. The drive in to Dry Creek Valley is equally beautiful as you wind your way through West Dry Creek Road and peer out on a secret valley of rolling vines. A 1947 Ford flatbed and culinary gardens welcome guests. Not only does this winery offer a unique rustic charm, but their wines are top notch. Have a picnic or enjoy a reserve tasting in the barrel room. Drink: Petit Syrah (Divine!), Zinfandel, Viognier.
- Ferrari Carrano Winery – Stroll through 5 acres of a peaceful garden and taste reserve wines in the underground Enoteca, where you can also view the incredible double-vaulted barrel cellar. Drink: Fume Blanc, Zinfandel, Cabernet Sauvignon, El Dorado Noir (dessert wine).
- Paradise Ridge Winery – Watch the sunset fall over the vines on the beautiful deck of this small winery. Wander through the outdoor sculpture garden and enjoy panoramic vistas of Russian River Valley from the outdoor/indoor tasting room. Drink: Elevation Cabernet Sauvignon, Ode to Joy Late Harvest Sauvignon.
- Gloria Ferrer Caves & Vineyards – Enjoy a glass of Royal Cuvee champagne amongst sweeping views of Sonoma. No waiting in lines to taste here. Just have a seat on the outdoor deck and the friendly staff will greet you, take your wine order and bring you a bowl of olives and the best spiced almonds you’ve ever tasted. Drink: Royal Cuvee, Blanc De Noirs, Brut Rose.
- B.R. Cohn Winery– A small, family owned winery surrounded by 90-acre Olive Hill Estate Vineyards. Take a walk through the olive grove and enjoy the stunning views of majestic oak trees and a hill of infinite green vines from a sprawling deck. Try some of the wineries own olive oil and gourmet olives, including stuffed blue cheese olives. YUM. Drink: Estate Cabernet Sauvignon, Primitivo.
- Viansa Winery and Marketplace – Immaculately groomed gardens with ivy covered stone buildings and tasteful sculptures are the signature of this Italian inspired winery. Located at the entrance to Sonoma, the winery has views of the valley and wetlands, an outdoor picnic area, and live music on weekends. Drink: Vino Rosso.
- Chateau St. Jean – A charming French chateau inspired winery with gardens, a patio and library tasting room. The architecture and elegance transports you to the south of France. The Charcuterie shop is open daily for gourmet treats or a picnic on the grounds. Wines are available by the glass. Drink: Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot.
Photo By: Joe Ercoli at Anvilimage.com